At WindChart, we strive to develop innovative services to better serve our users.
We recognize that privacy is an important issue,
so we design and operate our services with the protection of your privacy in mind.
when you use WindChart's services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it.
The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for
and that you provide.
"Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you,
such as your name, physical address or email address.
You can find more details about the data we collect on particular services
by clicking the links on the side of this page.
- The Home page, the free Intraday charts and some other services do not require
any personally identifying information.
- WindChart collects limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available
whenever you visit a website.
This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language,
the date and time of your request.
We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account.
WindChart asks you for some personal information in order to create an account
(typically your email address and a password for your account)
and we will use that information to provide the service.
- For certain services, such as our subscription programs,
we rely on PayPal
to hold your credit card or other payment information
which they maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- When we require personally identifying information,
we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it.
We hope this will help you make an informed decision about
sharing your personal information with us.
- When you log in to WindChart,
a cookie is sent to your computer that uniquely identifies your user id.
A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer
when you visit a website.
how people interact with us.
WindChart does this by storing user preferences in cookies
and by tracking user trends and patterns of how people use this service.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
However, WindChart features or services will not function properly without cookies.
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information
to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent.
We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons
for the sole purpose of processing personally identifying information on our behalf.
When this is done, it is subject to agreements that oblige those parties
to process such information only on our instructions
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access,
preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights,
property or safety of WindChart, its users or the public.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account
among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience
and to improve the quality of our services.
We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies,
except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- We may store and process personal information collected on our site in the United States
or any other country in which Iron Mountain Foundry, LLC, or its agents maintain facilities.
By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities,
including those located outside your country.
- In the event of a transfer of ownership of WindChart,
such as acquisition by or merger with another company,
we will provide notice before any personally identifying information is transferred
- We may share aggregated information with others.
Examples of this include the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to
or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees
who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Updating your information
- We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information
for many of our services.
For more information, please see the help pages for each service.
- The sites linked to by WindChart's services are developed by people
over whom WindChart exercises no control.
These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer,
collect data or solicit personal information.
- WindChart may present links in a format that enables us to understand
whether they have been followed.
We use this information to understand and improve the quality of WindChart's services.
Changes to this Policy
We expect most such changes to be minor, but there may be changes that are more significant.
Regardless, we will post those changes on this page and, if the changes are significant,
we will also provide a more prominent notice.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to
contact us any time.